TOPIC: google maps

google maps 1 year 3 weeks ago #4940

• Oferta Exportable
good afternoon

I'm having trouble seeing the maps in the store, apparently it's because Google now requests an api key.
I have created an api key and indicated the domain of the site where I will show the maps, then create the credentials in japps and finally in the preferences of jmarket try to select the created credential. The problem is that when I save the preferences, the selected map credential does not take it into account and it is left again "Select the credential" and therefore the page still gives the error and does not show the map

Someone could tell me if I'm doing something wrong or how I could solve my problem.

Joomla 3.6.4
japps 2.1.6.130
jmarket 4.10.6.70

Thank you !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

google maps 1 year 3 weeks ago #4943

• Auguste Schmidt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
You need jApps 3 in order to be able to add a credential for the google maps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oferta Exportable

google maps 1 year 3 weeks ago #4944

• Oferta Exportable
Hello

Well, do you have any idea how to update japps? If I go to the list of applications I do not have the option to update japps

Thank you

google maps 1 year 3 weeks ago #4945

• Auguste Schmidt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
I advice to follow the changelog. Each release has update instructions specific to the version.
jApps 2.1 is quiet old over 1 year already, there has been several migrations already.

https://joobi.co/changelog.html

Look for the version you are currently using and check the update instruction. You need to ensure that you follow each version instruction until you reach the latest version.

Please do a complete website backup (database and files) since this is a big update. Make sure that the backup is actually a working backup that you can restore in case the update don't go as expected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oferta Exportable
Moderators: Cheryl Sabarita, Grzegorz Svoboda, Vanessa, Jordan, Jomel