problem with modal popup

3 years 2 months ago #4681 by ron
problem with modal popup was created by ron
hi guys

im having an issue with all my modal popups.

Everytime i click on it (ex. ask question or edit item) it initially displays the last modal popup then displays the appropriate form. i alrady disabled all cache but the issue still persists

does anyone have a similar issue?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #4683 by coolanders
Replied by coolanders on topic problem with modal popup
Does your website template support Bootstrap 3? The frontend modals are all using Bootstrap modals.
Often the Joomla template create conflict. I have similar issue previously where my yootheme template has define a modal style.
Please share your link so I can check.

3 years 2 months ago #4685 by ron
Replied by ron on topic problem with modal popup
coolanders thank you so much for your reply.

i already checked using joomla 3 default template and the problem still persists. im using purity III template by the way.

i also checked the <head > and all required bootstrap css and js has been called.

my site is http://mayari.com.ph/

thanks again

3 years 2 months ago #4686 by coolanders
Replied by coolanders on topic problem with modal popup
I re-read your post and i realize you mean that when you open the modal it show previous page before going to the original page.
It has nothing to do with js conflict at all. I have issue when I hosted my site in 1&1 before because i have very slow site. AWhen i move to siteground it works normally and speed is normal.

It show the previous page when it takes time to load the page. That is how I fix my issue before.

3 years 2 months ago #4695 by ron
Replied by ron on topic problem with modal popup
hi coolanders

thank you again for your reply.

im already using siteground and the problem still persists.

im not yet sure but i think it has something to do with the modal content of bootstrap.

i'll update this post when i have the solution.

With the current installation every time a user experiences slow server or internet connection he will definitely see the last modal content. This might be a problem for new user(clients/buyers). We might lose clients because of this confusion. i dont think it would be professional to add a note saying "if your form hasnt appeared please wait for it, its normal"

thanks again

Moderators: Cheryl SabaritaGrzegorz SvobodaVanessaJordanJomel