A new year is here, and with it comes new opportunities and possibilities. You may not have noticed it, in December we released Joobi Year In Review reflecting on last year and setting resolutions for the months ahead.
Today we are excited to deliver the first release of the year 2016. It comes with plenty of new features and improvements... some that have been widely requested!
We have been rethinking the frontend layouts across Joobi pages. Modularity has been a primary element of our philosophy, in order to allow you to customize the Apps in your own liking and your specific needs.
In this release, we implemented a totally new flexible layout for the frontend Catalog page, vendor page and search results where each views are created using smaller widgets as building blocks to achieve your final goal.
So rather than struggling with menus and modules, simply build the widgets you need and place them anywhere you want. On the new catalog flexible layout you can now add any number of widgets on the page, allowing you to show products, auctions, vouchers, categories, etc... all of them on the same page. With the help of the existing Joobi page build you can layout those widgets anyway you want, adding columns, rows, tabs, etc...
Tiered Pricing for Vendors
Tiered pricing allows your vendors to provide products at different price points and give their customers a choice between them and a competitor. It encourages shoppers to buy larger quantities of a product by applying discounts based on the quantity or price ordered.
- Discount per quantity
- Discount per price
- Rebate per quantity
- Rebate per price
- You have the ability to define the availability
- Number of usage
- Discount applied to specific Categories and products
- Assign to specific Access Level
Beautiful SEF URL
SEF (search engine friendly) URLs will not only make your URLs more human-readable but can also greatly improve your search engine ranking. We added a new option to the look of the SEF URLs. We dropped the id all together so only the name of the product or vendor will appear in the URL. Moreover, it supports URL translations for multilingual sites.
now can be displayed as:
or in another language:
Rich Snippets with Schema.org Tags
We added a product schema markup to give search engines spiders as much information as we can about your product page. The best part about adding microdata to your Joobi product pages is the fact that they enable rich snippets on the search engine results pages. Although not a ranking factor in itself they do present the user with a ‘juicier’ search result – giving your listing a bit of an edge over the competition (those not displayed with rich snippets).
Redesign Vendor Page
The vendor page is now flexible and can be presented like the Products and Category listing where you can display items in several layouts (grid, mini, list and table) or present items in carousel display.
Mega-menu display for Category module
Displaying and organizing your categories using an easy and effective navigation is essential to have your customers enjoy shopping from your online store. Joobi mega-menu category module can be place in your website sidebar (left or right) for your customers to access your categories by hovering over the menu.
- Adjust custom styling and design
- Categories and Subcategories listed in:
- Multi-columns (links)
- Layered Navigation (up to 3 levels)
2 New Payment Gateways
- Support Redsys Payment Gateway
- Support SVEA Payment Gateway
In addition to these new features, we’ve also made several other enhancements and customizations such us:
- Auction Improvements
- A new option for the Auctions to choose from one of the 3 times: UTC, Sever time and User time
- New "Sold" and "Expired" badge available for Auction Item type
- A notification email is sent to the highest bidder when the relevant auction item has subsequently been closed due to the item being sold "Buy Now" to another user
- Classifieds Improvements
- Store administrator can set a time period (number of days) that a classified listing can live before it will be put offline. The ad would no longer appear on the site when specified number of days runs out, however vendor could repost the ad by selecting a new start date.
- The vendor has the ability to pick a start date but would no longer pick an end date.
- Display multiple item types in the Catalog home
- Integration with bulk SMS API
- Ability for the user to share his WishList
- A new option to reset all filter when someone go to another page other than: Catalog page, Category page and Item page
Last but not least, we've crunched 8 minor bugs that has been reported after December release. To see the complete list of changes in the software for this month, please read our January 26, 2016 release notes.
If you meet the above requirements, just wait for an automated email from your website notifying you about the new update (usually it takes a few hours, up to a week after the initial release) so you get a more stable build.
However if you can't wait to get your hands on the new enhancements, just click "Check" button from the
New to Joobi?
Evaluate all Joobi Applications before you purchase for Free (No credit card and registration required). Download it here
We hope you like the new additions as much as we do! As always, if you hit any snags with the new version let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up.
What else is going on?
- A lot of new added features in jDefender to help you protect your data and enhance security of your Joomla and WordPress site. Expect some exciting announcements in this area next week.
- A new backup Application to easily and safely backup your Joobi-powered websites. Hang tight!