We’ve been making good on our promise to continuously innovate and provide constant releases for Joobi Applications.
Last month, the team decided to skip the March release and delayed the April release in order to apply big changes under the hood for speed, stability and security enhancement to the framework.
Each time we release we put a lot of time into testing and we ran across something in our testing that has such effects that we chose to delay the release and fix those issues.
Two weeks ago, we've deployed the new version to few selected users until maturity level is reached. Today, we’re excited to announce the May release of Joobi Applications. The details of this release can be found below;
Goodbye jCenter. Hello jApps!
We're changing the name of our robust Application, previously jCenter, now renamed jApps! It is the same App just the name change. So please help me welcome jApps. For more details about the name change, please visit this article.
General Application Usability Enhancements
- New install and update process with progress bar and detailed status. We've done a series of test cases, and the new install/update process is now 70% faster than previous versions.
- Added more information in the install/update page such us list of changelog, blog and social page
- A new welcome page to help get started faster
Increased secucrity checking
Security is our main priority, and we mean it. Joobi applications that are developed using Joobi framework runs through a series of security checking to ensure that your Joobi Applications are secure all the time.
New captcha using Google reCAPTCHA (No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA experience)
New captcha using mathematical challenges
Checkout pages is now using Bootstrap to adapt properly on small screen and mobile devices
You can now create custom fields and assign it to display in the advance search module base on the category or Joobi pages you are viewing. If you are browsing the Men's Clothing, only the Filters that has product assignent that belongs to Men's clothing will display.
Joobi built-in module positions allows you to assign any type of Joomla module e.g. Joobi available modules, Google Ads module, custom module, or anything that can be displayed inside a module within the Joobi pages.
Customers can purchase a credit type subscription in jSubscription which will add points to customer's account in Alpha User Points. In short, the subscription is used as a way to purchase Alpha User Points to customer's account which can be used to purchase products in the store.
But wait, there's more! We also added a bunch of cool enhancements, such as:
- New Authorize.net payment gateway, we've removed the previous gateway due to an outdated API
- Multisite integration with JMS
- Micropayment with jsubscription in minutes.. before only daily, weekly, etc..
- Redirect user to specific page after subscription is completed
- Selecting price attributes will automatically update the product price in the item page ajax based
- Payment per type - you can chose to use paypal for auction while stripe for subscription.
- Built-in Virtue-mart Starter theme, we do not guarantee it will work for all VM templates and support is not provided.
- Advance Search type pick-list can now be sorted base on the admin Catalog >> Types ordering
- Order Status are now available in the Pick-lists so you can modify the access level or disable it.
- Delivery types are now available in the Pick-lists so you can modify the access level or disable it.
- Added Azerbaijani language in the stable server
- A lot of built-in theme improvements so that template developers can easily perform template override
- Custom fields for jContacts user registration
- New jVouchers features
- New preferences to define if the voucher can be used by all users or by the buyer only
- Ability to send via email your purchased vouchers
- Ability to restrict each vouchers for which product are entitled (assignment: Product, Product Category, ACL, ALL Users)
- New jAuction features
- Ability to use auction with stock or not
- Auction with 2 or more stocks and no bidders will have the ability to be re-listed
- Auction with disabled stocks has a default 1 stock, if won the bidding will be automatically disabled
- And a lot more enhancements and bug fixes.
To see the complete list changes in the software, click at the changelog button underneath.
How to update?
Easy! Just click "Check" button under jCenter >> Apps to retreieve the new version, visit the change for more details. We always recommend to do a backup before doing any changes in your production website and ensure you can easily recovery your backup.
You'll need an active subscription to access the update server. If have an expired subscription, please renew your membership.
New to Joobi?
Evaluate all Joobi Applications before you purchase for Free (No credit card and registration required). Download it here
We hope you like the new additions as much as we do! As always, if you hit any snags with the new version let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up.
What else is going on?
- jVendor App for iOS and Android can be downloaded in your mobile device and run a demo.
- jCatalog App for iOS and Android is nearing completion
- Launched our new and enhanced Joobi Demo Site
- New Joobi Developer's Manual
- jCatalog is a free WordPress Product Catalog Plugin which we'll be out in the wild in few weeks for testing. Interested to help us test and provide honest feedback? Sign up.
- New and updated Roadmap